SEC Championship Game
Georgia Bulldogs vs Alabama Crimson Tide
Saturday, Dec. 4, 2021 | CBS| Brad Nessler, Gary Danielson & Jamie Erdahl | 4 p.m. ET Atlanta, Ga. | Mercedes-Benz Stadium
Series: Alabama leads 41-25-4 and have won the last six meetings
- Only once since 2006 (2014) has the winner of the SEC Championship Game failed to advance to the national championship game
- This is the third time the teams have met in the SEC Championship Game, Alabama claimed the first two meetings 2012 & 2018.
- Alabama will be vying for its 29th SEC Championship and third in the last four seasons. Georgia is aiming for its 14th SEC Championship and first since 2017.
- Alabama is 9-4 all-time in SEC Championship Games with the last loss coming to Florida in 2008. The Tide have won their last seven SEC title games
- Georgia is 3-5 in SEC Championship Games
- Alabama won the last meeting between the teams 41-24 last season.
- Alabama and Georgia are two of five teams this season with five wins over teams with a winning record. (Oregon, Michigan and Ole Miss are the others)
- The Bulldogs will be aiming for their 14th SEC title in school history. Their 13 conference titles trails only Alabama’s 28
- This season Georgia has trailed for a total of 19 minutes and 17 seconds this season across three games.
- Georgia has allowed just 11 TDs this season
- Georgia opponents have scored only 83 points in 2021. Clemson’s opponents have the next fewest points in the FBS at 180
- Georgia has held 10 of its opponents to a season low in points with South Carolina (13) and Tennessee (17) the only exceptions
- Georgia has scored 87 points off 16 turnovers. Opponents have scored 37 points off 14 Bulldog turnovers
- Stetson Bennett is 12-2 as a starter in his career
- Stetson Bennett currently has a passing efficiency of 188.5 this season, second in the nation and ahead of the Bulldog single season record of 174.8 by Aaron Murray in 2012
- JT Daniels is 7-0 as a starter at Georgia.
- Brock Bowers has 10 receiving TDs this season, the second most nationally of any Freshman and the most in the nation by a TE.
- Georgia has allowed just eight sacks this season. Their 0.67 sacks allowed per game are the second fewest in the nation.
- Georgia has had 51 plays go for 25+ yards this season. Georgia opponents have had just 20 such plays.
Alabama Crimson Tide
- Alabama’s 28 SEC Championships are the most of any conference team.
- All-time Alabama has nine with over the AP No. 1 ranked team, tied with Miami for the most ever
- Alabama has won their last 15 games played in Atlanta. The Tide are 16-1 in Atlanta since Nick Saban became head coach
- Nick Saban is 24-1 all-time against former assistants.
- Since 2014, Alabama has lost just one game by 13 points or more, the 44-16 loss to Clemson
- Jameson Williams and John Metchie III are just the second Alabama duo to each have over 1,000 receiving yards in the same season, joining DeVonta Smith and Jerry Jeudy in 2019
- Against ranked opponents this season Brian Robinson Jr. has averaged 111.5 rushing yards with five touchdowns.
- Alabama has won 47 of its last 48 games when scoring a touchdown on the first offensive possession of the game
- Alabama has averaged 1.06 turnovers per game in their last 192 games.
- Will Anderson Jr. leads the nation with 2.46 TFL per game and is second in the nation with 1.21 sacks per game
- Will Anderson’s 14.5 sacks this season are the third most in a single season in Alabama history.
- Alabama has allowed a 100 yard rusher just 29 times since the start of the 2005, the fewest of any team in the nation.
ACC Championship Game
Pittsburgh Panthers vs Wake Forest Demon Deacons
Saturday, Dec. 4, 2021 | ABC | Mark Jones, Robert Griffin III & Quint Kessenich |8 p.m. ET Charlotte, NC. | Bank Of America Stadium
Series: Pitt leads 1-0, a 34-13 win in 2018 at Wake
- This is the first ACC championship game to feature two teams averaging more than 40 points per game.
- Wake Forest has won two ACC titles in its history. Pitt is seeking their first ACC title.
- Twenty-five of the ACC’s 56 conference games this season were decided by one possession. The most of any conference this season
- Jordan Addison leads the nation with 17 touchdown receptions this season, the second most in ACC history in a single season. (DeAndre Hopkins had 18 in 2012)
- Kenny Pickett has thrown 40 touchdown passes this season, the second most in the nation and the second most in ACC history (Deshaun Watson 41 in 2016)
- Pitt is 13-3 in their last 16 games played
- Pitt is unbeaten this season away from home.
- Pitt is averaging 42.8 points per game, the single season record for the program is 40.9 in 2016.
- Taysir Mack has 161 career receptions between his one year at Indiana and his time at Pitt since 2018.
- Pitt is second in the nation with an ACC best 3.83 sacks per game.
- The Panthers have an NCAA best 143 sacks over the last three seasons.
- Pitt’s 7.6 TFL per game are the fourth most in the nation.
Wake Forest Demon Deacons
- Wake Forest is averaging 42.9 points per game this season, the Deacs season record is 36.0 per game which was set last season.
- The Demon Deacons are fifth nationally with a +11 turnover margin on the season
- Over the past eight games, Sam Hartman has thrown the ball for 3,020 yards, 28 touchdowns while completing 51.7% his passes
- Wake Forest has scored first in 35 of their last 47 games or 74.5%, the third highest rate in the nation since 2018.
- Sam Hartman’s 3,711 yards passing this season are a single-season school record, surpassing the 3,192 set by John Wolford in 2017
- A.T. Perry holds the school record for TD receptions in a season with 13
- A.T Perry and Jaquarii Roberson have combined for 2,136 receiving yards and 21 touchdowns this season
- Nick Sciba is 75-of-84 (.893) on field goal tries, the third-best mark for any kicker in NCAA and ACC history
Big 12 Championship Game
Baylor Bears vs Oklahoma State Cowboys
Saturday, Dec. 4, 2021 | ABC | Sean McDonough, Todd Blackledge & Molly McGrath| 12 p.m. ET Arlington, TX | AT&T Stadium
Series: Oklahoma State leads 22-18
- Baylor is 1 of 5 teams to not allow more than 30 points this season
- The Bears defense is holding opponents to 11.6 points/game below their scoring averages in all other games
- Baylor is the only Power-5 team with at least one 4th-down conversion in every game this season
- Baylor has allowed 12 sacks, tied for 9th-fewest nationally
- Baylor’s defense has forced a turnover in 20-consecutive games
Oklahoma State Cowboys
- Oklahoma State is 13-1 in their last 14 games played
- The Cowboys are looking for wins vs. AP top-10 opponents in back-to-back games for the second time in school history
- OSU has outscored its last five opponents by a combined margin of 202-56, which amounts to an average score of 40-11
- The Cowboys have allowed just four offensive touchdowns in the last 20 quarters of play.
- In the last five games opponents have converted 16.9% of third downs against OSU.
- Oklahoma State has allowed 2.9 yards per play in the last five games
- Oklahoma State has forced 25 turnovers in its past 16 games
- Since 2018, Malcolm Rodriguez has had 38 games with at least six tackles, the most in the nation over that time.
- Malcolm Rodriguez has 238 solo tackles in his career, the fourth most of any active player in the nation.
- Collin Oliver has 9.5 sacks this season, the most of any Power 5 player in the nation
- Since the start of 2020, Oklahoma State has scored nine defensive TDs, the fifth most in the nation.